Skip to main content

DIARY OF A PASTOR'S WIFE. EPISODES 2 & 3


Episode 2.

I was still devastated with the thoughts of Ifeoma and my husband David. After I watched the kids sleep, I strolled into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea.
Just after I poured the milk in a mug, I felt someone was in the kitchen too. I looked back, quickly surprised.
“Welcome Madam,” she said, almost stuttering.
I slowly poured the hot water from the flask into the mug, stirred it a bit and sipped.
Then I noticed a protruded stomach, she had tried to cover it with her handbag.
“Are you pregnant Ifeoma? you look it.” I asked in a soft tone.
Her expression was in earnest. “Yes madam, didn’t pastor tell you? I am pregnant for him, we are expecting a child.”
Her voice had a tremor in it, even though her face was bold and firm.
Her words were like the score of a sharpened blade across my heart. I sensed the wound gape open even before she’d finished speaking.
“You were sleeping with my husband while I was away?”
“I am sorry madam, I think pastor is in the best place to answer that question. it was an agreement."
She said calmly and walked out of the kitchen, making a flappy sound with her shoes.
I stood there for moments like a mannequin, the tea cup in my hands, and then my eyes right at the door.
The sound of my ringing tone brought me back from the shock I had.
“Hello Ekom?”
“Yes, Lizzy,” I responded with a sigh of relieve.
“Thank God I have been able to reach you, I have been dialing your American lines but not going through.” she sounded a bit terrified.
“well, I am back in Nigeria now. I came in this morning. Is everything fine?”
“Not at all, pastor brought your girl for maternity scan at my clinic last weekend. What’s that her name again?”
“Ifeoma?”
“Iyaaa, Ifeoma. I was shocked to see her all over him like they were lovers. What is happening?”
Tears rolled down my eyes as Lizzy went on talking about things that went on while I was away. Something flared deep in my eyes, but my lips remained sealed.
I was stricken silent, but the thud of my heartbeat sounded like cannon fire in my ears.

Episode 3
I wanted to talk to David. When I knew he was home I decided to go to our bedroom.
“May I come in?” My expression inscrutable, I walked into the room when I noticed that someone was having a bath, without waiting for a reply.
Then I saw David on the bed, he was almost half naked, partly covered with the duvet.
He stared at me, slightly muzzy headed after being woken abruptly.
“We have to talk,” I said, almost whispering.
“I know.” he said.
“Who is in the bathroom?”
“oh, it’s Ifeoma.”
“Ifeoma now uses our bathroom?” I looked at David and suddenly wished the look in his eyes meant guilt and shame.
“Yes. She is having my baby.”
“I am aware David. But why have you taken yourself so down?”
“I am a human being Ekom!” He said huskily, raising his voice.
“So I am what? Am I not a human being too? I went to America with the church’s name, with the family name. I went there to make a name for us! To get Hills of grace ministries a branch in Houston takes so many churches years, but I used my charisma, and did that in few months…..”
“What I mean is…..” He faltered. But my heart was going wild.
“let me finish!” I screamed!
Just after a pause, Ifeoma came out of the bathroom, she had my towel tied around her.
“Who gave you my towel?” I asked meanly.
“I did.” David replied.
“Ifeoma, why were you sleeping with my husband while I was away? You were paid to take care of the kids, and clean the house” The look I gave and my voice tone practically froze the blood in her veins.
I walked steps by steps towards her, dragged the towel off her body, leaving her naked.
“Aunty please….” she whimpered.
“Did you remember all the good things I did for you and your family while you were having sex with my husband! did you?” I held her neck forcefully while David ran and held me backward.
They both sensed the tension in the room and ran out.
Slowly I let out the breath I was holding.
leaning back on the luxurious upholstery, I let a smile steal my lips like the sun peeping from behind the cloud. God was watching, and I needed to talk to him.

TO BE CONTINUED


WRITTEN BY Vicky Bon Uzuazor
(Posted with permission from her)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DOES SACRIFICE MEAN IN A RELATIONSHIP?

Every relationship requires some sacrifices. Even, a garden full of flowers requires sacrifice to tend it. It takes sacrifice for a farmer to reap good harvest. What does it mean to be sacrificial? Being sacrificial is being selfless and loving, all out for someone and even inconveniencing yourself. So, in your relationship, you say am not the "this type of person, I am not the that type of yen yen" and you know it can make that relationship blossom, why not make sacrifices and do it. it is called sacrificial love Maybe the sacrifice you have to make is understanding and patience, taking in the other person's mental health into consideration. Nobody was born a type of person.  School, parents, environment, experiences, church, etc ; shaped us into being some type of person. But, self centeredness and selfishness hinders us from making sacrifices. Even our Lord Jesus that died and resurrected was not the "dying type of person" to die for us, but He made that sacr

THE BEFORE

Anxiety isn't good when you are trying to conceive; first hand experience. And my anxiety wasn't just from me being disturbed about conceiving but from other factors too. Example: questions being asked, flippant comments and direct confrontations, unsolicited advice. You might say, only two years and you were worrying yourself to death. Ha! It's was like twenty two years to me. In the span of two years,a lot happened ...it was well. I was completely worked up. Those that know me in person can testify that I was a slim person but became extremely slim. I became a shadow of myself. I was eating but was not healthy. I was seriously anxious and worried. So much was said to me. Pastor Victor and his wife, Pastor Mary,  Aunty Nseabasi Etim , My mum and lots of others were a great source of strength; God bless them for me. I was doing alot of things like taking of Communion daily, anointing my stomach daily and reading the word concerning the situation. One thing was

HOW TO KEEP DESTROYING YOURSELF WITH WORRY AND ALSO OVERCOME.

  📍We all worry way too much about so many things.  We worry about what everyone else thinks. ▪Are they going to judge me for writing? ▪Are they going to think I am weird for doing this? ▪Is this picture worth sharing? ▪Is my dress beautiful?  ▪Do I look fine?  We just worry.  But when you think about it.  Does it matter what everyone thinks? You can only look at their opinions and suggestions, pick what you want, and leave the rest. •What does your God think about you?  He has beautiful thoughts for us. •What do you think about yourself?  Your friends and family all love you (some do) and the people who get your message will appreciate you.  Stop overthinking and worrying about everything. 🔹I used to be this way (working on this). Until I began to make conscious efforts to stop worrying about everything.  •It is exhausting  •It takes a toll on your health.  •Worry causes high blood pressure. •Worrying can make you tired •Worrying can kill you. •Worrying can cause ulcers. •Negative t